Wednesday 5 November 2014

Perch Again

A quick fishing fix was the order of the day , so I popped off to the club lake for a try for a Perch . I decided to fish with a small pole float on a float rod . I dont know why but anyway !
The plan was to introduce some groundbait laced with chopped worms and maggots then fish a worm over the top . I baited up two areas one on each side of the swim next to the lillies .
 The first Perch interrupted a succession of Bream , (maybe the groundbait wasn't a good plan ?) At just under 2lb it was a welcome sight .
 Then followed a Bream fest ! Then a better perch at just over 2lb. Now I don't wish to be unkind but some of the pictures of three and four pound Perch in the fishing mags must be a tad exaggerated .This was a big Perch , yet it "only" weighed two pounds . Tishing stories .... I was pleased anyway !

No comments:

Post a Comment