Wednesday 5 November 2014

Lure Fishing - christening a new rod and the law of diminishing returns

Jeff and I had been discussing a lure trip for a while , so off we went to the Arun . It was a lovely day , unseasonably warm for the time of year with a bit of rain . I made the mistake of bringing a landing net but forgetting the spreader block doh !

I quickly picked up a small jack on a spinner bait .


Yes I know the spinner bait is nearly as big as the fish ! but wait .....

I then lost a decent fish which unfortunately dropped off ...next time !

Then I swapped to a spoon ....


The bigger the lure the smaller the fish ?

We then moved to the Rother and Jeff struck gold !


My new rod , a Dave Lumb Duellist 2 , was not really tested (!), no duels today that's for sure ,  but felt really nice , but I need to get a new reel to go with it ......back to the tackle shop then !

No comments:

Post a Comment