Sunday 15 February 2015

The Wye's and Wherefore's !


The River Wye must be one of my favourite places , but I have never done very well in my attempts at fishing on her delightful waters . Unfortunately the latest trip again proved that the Wye's fishy secrets are still eluding me !

Melanie and I stayed at the fantastic " Saracen's Head " pub at Symond's Yat , and while there I used the free fishing on offer to try and catch a Pike . Plus of course what a great way to spend Valentine's Day ? !



.

I have changed the approach for this winter after Pike , and one rod will be a float fished paternoster and the other a float leger. These traces from Lynx were new to me but they seem to work very well. I had not heard of them before but an E Bay search turned them up .

 
 
Melanie had a go as well .
 
 

 
 
 
 The banks on this stretch of the Wye don't make it easy to get to the water , in fact a rope and crampons wouldn't have gone amiss in some of the places !
 
 A Flying Condom lives up to its name !




1 comment:

  1. It looks stunning up there mate and its high time I paid that river another visit. Good to see Mel having a go.

    ReplyDelete