Sunday 29 June 2014

From the sublime to the ridiculous



Sublime ?

 
 

Well in those far off days this was the rudimentary selection of lures that I used to great effect on my local waters . The upper reaches of the Adur were a great place for surface fishing for Pike amoungst the lilies with a Jitterbug and Lucky Thirteen ( I also had a Scum Mouse which was weedless and apparently hookless as it got take after take but never succeeded in landing anything ! I called it my conservation mouse !)  and the " S 's" in the various sizes caught me lots of Pike , Chub and Trout from the Arun and Adur . In fact what I would class as my best and most prized catch was taken on a trusty Big S in the original silver colour , an 11lb 8 oz Sea Trout from the Rother . I must get an electronic version of the photo to upload onto here .

Then I discovered that collecting habit .....
 Believe it or not there are more but I couldn't fit them on the table ! Oh and by the way I have sold a lot to try and reduce the collection down to a reasonable level . Oh dear !

Then of course came the plastic collecting phase . I sold a lot of them too !


But now the LRF phase swings into focus , and funnily enough I have found loads of wormy type things in the depths of the shed so I am off and running .


Of course I forgot to say that I fly fish as well , so it wasn't long before the fly fishing for Pike bug was passed my way .

Ridiculous ?



No comments:

Post a Comment