Friday 7 February 2014

Interesting things ?

I always enjoy the fishing but sitting in the countryside always has its pleasures . The last few days on the club lake have been great with Greater Spotted Woodpeckers , Green Woodpeckers and Buzzards all around the place.
I love the outside world and watching wildlife . I also enjoy a bit of foraging for wild food in the appropriate season . What could be better free food and its strange but most of the recipes have alcohol at their centre ? Or end in jam !

Anyway while sitting and fishing I happened to look at the plants around me . The one that took my eye was this one .
 
 
Bit of a non entity isn't it ?
Absolutely NOT ! This is the most deadly plant around : Hemlock Water Dropwort . It has bulbous pale swollen roots which if eaten will kill you . The foliage is not good either ! So if you fancy some foraging : DONT EAT THIS ! I don't think there is much that you will want to forage that looks like this.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment